Friday, May 8, 2009

How to Make Bread Without an Oven

Have you ever wondered how you would make bread without an oven? Wonder no more.

Check out this "Emergency and Outdoor Bread Manual" prepared by Prepared Pantry and learn how to bake bread in a dutch oven and bake bread on the grill. Yummy recipes for biscuits, steamed bread, flatbread, sopaipillas, pancakes, and Trail Syrup are included.

They've also shared food safety tips when living without refrigeration, what to do when the power goes out, and campfire cooking tips.

Thanks Prepared Pantry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kathy! This is very helpful.:) I am a bit intimidated about making bread in our grill, but I'm going to give it a try at least once. Better to have at least some experience...just in case.

Joyce

K P said...

You're welcome Joyce! I'm going to give it a try, too. I figure any practice I can get in before a "real" emergency is a good thing. :)